The Wind in the Willows

The wind in the willows sang softly to me.
Follow my voice wherever it leads,
Through mountains and valleys and deep rolling seas
Born on the wings of the breeze.
Spin me a dream, woven silver and gold
Of sunshine and shadows and days long ago.
Where people are memories and stories unfold,
Willows, the tales you have told me.
Wind in the Willows you just seem to know,
Who you can turn to and which way to go,
To unwind your wondrous mind. Wind in the Willows, take me home.

 

 The Wind in the Willows is a 52-episode TV series that originally aired between 1984 and 1987, based on characters from Kenneth Grahame's classic story The Wind in the Willows.

I fell in love with this theme song back in 1991-92, when Ratty, Toad, Badger and Mole were aired into our living rooms.

The show is so wonderfully innocent & endearing that nobody could be offended by the characters or the stories, no matter how old they were.

I've often wondered if, you were to show programmes like these to today's children on T.V would they actually want to watch it compared to the children back in the 80's?

For all those who want to get nostalgic, here’s the theme song. Thank GOD for You Tube! I only wish I knew where I could get all the episodes.

Theme Song

3 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    May 20, 2011 at 4:27 AM

    Reading it is boring but watching it is great:).I always heated reading books like theses thank god theirs a movie, theirs a show?

  2. TheJackal  

    March 9, 2012 at 4:13 AM

    I have to confess I fell in love with the theme song too. I always loved this awesome and utterly charming series (there's a feature length movie that the series is based on as well).

    The book is even more charming and magical for anyone with a reasonable degree of literacy and intelligence.

  3. * internetstatic *  

    April 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM

    Unfortunately you don't get the entire series in stores or online. But there are a few enterprising individuals who have managed to torrent all the episodes. All 15GB of it!!

    The book is a classic. :)

Post a Comment



Recent Entries

Recent Comments